Mount Franklin Pagan Gathering inc.
Annual General Meeting
Date: 25th March 2017
Venue: The Farmers Arms Hotel, Creswick
Attendees: Linda, Michel, Josie, Ryan, Mark P, Mark H, Sarah, Alex
Apologies: Ben, Seumas
Absent: Des, Mel, Tania
- Chairperson. Josie was unanimously elected to chair this meeting.
- Minute Taker. Mark H was authorised to be the minute taker.
- Apologies. Apologies from Ben and Seumas were presented and accepted.
- Proxies. Linda was authorised as proxy vote for Ben. Sarah was authorised as proxy for Seumas.
- Minutes of Previous Meeting. Minutes of the previous meeting were read and accepted. MOVED: Linda SECONDED: Josie
- Annual Report. The annual report was tabled and accepted.
MOVED: Josie SECONDED: Michel
- Election of Committee. All positions were dissolved. A new committee was elected as follows:
President: Michel (NOMINATED BY: Linda SECONDED: Josie)
Vice President: Linda (NOMINATED BY: Ryan SECONDED: Michel)
Secretary: Josie (NOMINATED BY: Linda SECONDED: Ryan)
Treasurer: Ryan (NOMINATED BY: Josie SECONDED: Michel)
General committee: Ben (NOMINATED BY: Linda SECONDED: Michel)
General committee: Mark H (NOMINATED BY: Josie SECONDED: Linda)
General committee: Sarah (NOMINATED BY: Josie SECONDED: Ryan)
General committee: Seumas (NOMINATED BY: Sarah SECONDED: Josie)
Associate member: Alex (NOMINATED BY: Linda SECONDED: Josie)
Associate member: Mark P (NOMINATED BY: Linda SECONDED: Ryan)
- Other Business: Acknowledgement of former members’ contribution to the Gathering.
The MFPG committee would like to thank and acknowledge Des, Mel and other previous committee members for their hard work and time put in over many years. This work has ensured the Gathering has run smoothly and will do so for years to come.
MOVED: Josie SECONDED: Linda
Meeting closed: 5.25pm
Notice is hereby given that our AGM will be taking place on the 25th of March. We’ll be going out for dinner in Creswick and planning the year ahead.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Our thirty-fifth Beltane weekend on the Mount has come to a close. Thank you to everybody who braved the cold and wet weather to come and celebrate with us. It was just excellent to see so many new faces in amongst our old friends.
We will have a detailed run-down of the weekend in the coming week or so, but for now we wanted to thank all those lovely people and organisations who made this event possible. Thank you so much for all of your support, enthusiasm and generosity throughout the weekend:
- To the Sustainable Hepburn Association (SHARE), for their ongoing support of the Gathering, and for the huge amount of work they put in behind-the-scenes in the lead up to the event each year.
- To Nickole, River, Fiona, Lisa and everyone else from the Melbourne Reclaiming Community, for hosting the beautiful Beltane rite on Saturday evening. Thank you for making everyone feel so welcome and included in what was many people’s first Reclaiming ritual.
- To KC Guy, who travelled all the way from South Australia to play his beautiful music at the Mount.
- To Shaz, Callum, Ang, Dean, Rick and all the other good folk of Silver Birch Grove ADF, for the thousand and one things you did to help throughout the weekend, and also for helping us cover the cost of the portaloos this year! We are just blown away by your kindness and generosity.
- To all our brilliant and incredibly generous 2016 raffle donors. Thank you so much for your donations! Because of you, this year was our biggest raffle yet, helping cover costs and keep the Gathering free, as it should be!
- To our wonderful workshop facilitators: Daniel, Anne, Ryan and Peter; for providing entertaining and engaging workshops on such a wide variety of topics!
- To Kylie, Mark, Sarah, Seumas, Alvin, Lee, Alex, Curtis, Will, Peter, Julie, Conner and David for helping out with the dozens of big and little tasks at the Organisers’ camp all weekend, from selling raffle tickets to rigging our beautiful maypole.
- To Kylie Moroney Photography, for once again taking beautiful photos of the Gathering (the first one is at the top of this post – more to come!).
- To the Australian Stage Company, for your Saturday night mummers’ play.
- To Peter, who saved our bacon (well, sausages?) when we experienced multiple technical difficulties with our barbeque.
- To Sally, for her delicious satay sauce that is now a Beltane tradition for many of us!
- To Erika Turnbull, for the lovely green man logo we continue to use on our MFPG tshirts.
- And finally, to anyone and everyone who braved the elements (it turns out none of us were actually soluble in water!) to celebrate Beltane with us on the Mountain. We saw lots of new faces, and even a few faces from interstate. We felt honored to share this festival with all of you, and humbled at the beautiful little community at the Mountain this year. Bring on 2017!
– Linda, Michel, Josie and Ryan
Mount Franklin Organisers